Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Auditioning...

I really really hate it. It's never as good as you want it to be, you're never as prepared as you feel you can be, it never goes as well as you think it can, and you always come out of it feeling like a huge failure, like nothing you did was good enough, and like you're entire acting career has just gone up in flames because you couldn't shine bright enough to be remembered.
Then, there's the waiting. It's torturous! I've learned to not place too much stock in what they say. Fall of my freshman year I didn't get a callback for the big production, then I got a major role, sometimes they just don't need to see you anymore. But no matter what, it's just downright painful to wait while someone else determines the next step in your career.

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment