Wednesday, December 2, 2009

DMV

Today I went to the DMV to get a new driver's license. Since I've turned 18, I needed a new license that would remove the restrictions of an under-18 license. I went in, gave my old, unexpired license to the lady behind the counter and explained what I needed. After looking at my license for a moment, she sighed deeply and mumbled "Allright, but I'll have to make you a new license."
I'm sorry? Did I miss something?
Isn't that why I'm here?
To get a new license...right?
I gave her my information again, took another picture, and waited for her to finish.

There were no problems with this interaction. The woman was pleasant enough and I got my license. I was simply puzzled by the seeming lack of willingness to be helpful. If I asked for a new license, doesn't it make sense that's what I expect to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment